Choosing the right venue to host an event can be a herculean task. There are important details to look out for when searching for a suitable event place. We have done our homework. This article is to guide you on how to look for a venue that will be befitting for your event. Here are what you have to look out for when searching for a venue to host your event.
1. Cost implication – The cost of a venue is usually based on the amenities available. For example, a place with a car parking space should normally cost more than a place without a parking space. Thoroughly check the facilities available before making payment. There is nothing wrong if you can re-negotiate the price downward as most venues don’t have fixed prices. You may get a discount if you are flexible about the date and time of the event you plan to host.
2. Venue location – Choosing a convenient location where your guests can easily have access to the airport or public transport is very important. This is for the convenience of the guests. Stressing your guests won’t be something palatable.
3. Capacity – Before thinking of looking for a venue, it makes sense to estimate the number of guests that would grace the occasion. That gives you a fair idea of how spacious the venue should look like. Book a place that can accommodate your guests adequately so as to make the event worthwhile.
4. Style –The natural beauty and aesthetics of the venue is part of the decoration. Look for a venue that soothes the theme and style of the event. There are places that are already tastefully decorated. Such will save you some money compared to calling for an event decorator separately after booking for a venue.
5. Venue Structure – The structure of the venue is as important as the venue itself. Ensure that the venue is spacious enough to take care of the ceremony and reception in the case of a wedding. Ensure there are changing rooms for guests to change their clothes. Look for space for a stage in case there would be a live performance on the event day.
6. Catering – Catering is an important factor when looking for a venue for an event. Ask if the venue has caterers who can take care of catering on the event day. If they have in-house caterers, it makes sense to sample their food.
7. Facilities – Do a thorough check to be sure the venue has facilities that are in good working condition. Ask that the air-conditioners be turned on so as to find out how chilling they are. Check the toilets to be sure they are not broken. Walk around the parking space to be sure there are no ditches. Check the kitchen facilities. Check the security to ensure that movements are well coordinated on the event day.
In conclusion, don’t ignore any of these details if you want to have a successful event. Factoring them in will help you have a hitch-free event.